As you know, last month we focused on some non-medication things that can help if you have COPD.
This month one of the things we'll be talking about is the My COPD Action Plan. How much do you really know about it? Take this short quiz and check back here next Monday for the answers!
My COPD Action Plan Quiz
1. How often should the My COPD Action Plan be updated by you and your doctor?
a. Once a year
b. Every six months
c. Only after you get sick enough to go to the hospital.
d. It doesn’t have to be updated.
2. If you are able to do everything in the daily activities section with no problem, you do not need a COPD action plan.
3. In the yellow section, you and your doctor can write in:
a. Symptoms that are not listed, but those you usually have before an exacerbation.
b. Medications you should take when you’re in the yellow zone.
c. The phone number for your pharmacy so you can check if your meds are ready to be picked up or can be delivered to your house.
d. All of the above.
4. The My COPD Action Plan has a section for when to call 911 for emergency help.
b. False (if you have a good COPD action plan and know how to follow it, you will never have to call 911).
5. If you have one straight month of only green days, you can put your action plan away until your next routine doctor's office visit.
Thank you for taking the quiz! I look forward to sharing the answers with you next Monday!