COPD Awareness Month
A Tool Kit to Help Us Spread the Word
November is COPD Awareness Month. We have developed a collection of images and language for you to share with your communities to help us to build awareness and most importantly, catalyze action.
This year we our hashtag is #BreathingBetterTogether
We are focused on driving awareness to COPD and related lung diseases as well as celebrating the Foundation’s unique and diverse community.
Join the conversation on Social Media!
Here are some sample posts for you to share:
- It is #COPD Awareness Month! Join us as we amplify the voices of our amazing community and raise awareness of the disease and the lives this disease impacts. #BreathingBetterTogether #COPDAwarenessMonth
- We know there are challenging days for anyone living with #COPD. You can join our online community of nearly 50,000 people and share your experience and find welcoming friends who are always willing to listen. Register today! http://copdf.co/COPD360social. #BreathingBetterTogether #COPDAwareness
- What is #COPD? Lean more in this video from our friends @NIH_NHLBI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F49BsNiRxfg #BreathingBetterTogether #COPDAwarenessMonth
- How does the #COVID19 pandemic affect those with #COPD and related chronic lung diseases? Learn more in this video from the COPD Foundation: http://copdf.co/covid-video #BreathingBetterTogether #COPDAwarenessMonth
- "What is breath but a conversation between inhalation and exhalation?" #BreathingBetterTogether #COPDAwareness #COPD
- Help us to raise awareness of #COPD. Breath is the lifeblood of everything we are, we do, we can do. We must see it; understand it; value it. Because this is our lives. #BreathingBetterTogether
- I am a person living with #COPD. It does not control or define me. We can continue to live healthy and productive lives with the disease! #BreathingBetterTogether #COPDAwareness (this is just a rough thought but something like this would work)
- I want to make a difference! I joined the #COPD Patient-Powered Research Network so I could participate in patient driven research to improve the lives of everyone affected by this disease. Learn more: http://copdf.co/copdpprn
Facebook or LinkedIn
- November is COPD Awareness Month. This year in particular, we must do more than just raise awareness of this disease and related lung conditions. Currently, COPD is the 3rd leading cause of death in the world but could become the leading cause of death with increased pollution, occupational exposure and population change. We are calling to action all those interested in this space to join us in our mission to improve lives of those impacted by COPD and related lung conditions. Join us on social media using the hashtag #BreathingBetterTogether #COPDAwareness
- The economic cost of COPD adds up quickly. In addition to medical costs, there is time lost from the workforce and other expenses associated with the disease. Some estimates put the cost at higher than $70 billion annually. Learn more at www.copdfoundation.org #COPD #BreathingBetterTogether #COPDAwareness
- Have you downloaded the COPD Pocket Consultant Guide app? This valuable tool, available for both Android and iOS users, can help anyone living with COPD manage their condition, monitor exacerbations and develop an action plan. Learn more here: http://copdf.co/pcg-patient-track #COPD #COPDTogether #BreathingBetterTogether #COPDAwareness
- Living with COPD can be frustrating, scary and depressing--all at the same time. Fortunately, there are others going through similar experiences who are willing to listen. Join thousands of others in our online community, COPD360social. This is your opportunity to ask questions, share with others and support each other through the difficult days. Register today! www.copd360social.org #BreathingBetterTogether #COPDAwareness
- Share your own story! How is COPD affecting you?
Notable Events to help us promote during Awareness Month
Shareable Images (click on image to open a larger size in a new browser tab. If not prompted to download, right click and select Save image as to download)
Circle of Friends Celebration
Join (me/us) at the COPD Circle of Friends event, where we will be celebrating innovation in improving the lives of people affected by COPD and related lung conditions.
This one-hour online virtual event is free for all to attend. We will showcase our entire community in full celebration of the Foundation’s patient-centered mission, focusing on research, education, and advocacy.
Tuesday, November 17th, 2020
5:00 PM EST
Will you be doing your holiday shopping online this year? By visiting smile.amazon.com (using your regular account information), you can select the COPD Foundation as your designated charity. A portion of your purchases will be donated to the Foundation.
Host a Facebook fundraiser!
Join many of our supporters by celebrating a special moment in your life with an online fundraising event. You can invite friends and family to support the cause. Learn more about how to get started here: https://bit.ly/2GuPobW
We’re excited to announce the COPD Foundation Circle of Friends Challenge Match
Thanks to the generosity of the COPD Foundation Board and special friends, every gift made by December 31st will be matched, dollar for dollar, up to $250,000. Each gift will directly benefit our research, advocacy and education mission. Please support the COPD Foundation with this fully tax-deductable year-end contribution!
Here is a sample note you can send to your community to encourage them to support all of the work we are doing together:
COPD Foundation Copy
The COPD Foundation is leading the way in improving the lives of people with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. We engage, educate and empower our community through a unique 360 degree approach by mobilizing patients, caregivers, health care professionals, researchers, academic institutions, government agencies, and industry leaders to advance scientific research, education and advocacy.
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is a preventable and treatable disease. The Foundation was established by a patient to speed innovations in order to make treatment more effective and affordable and expand supportive services. As a community united in purpose, we have made huge strides, but there is still work to be done to improve the lives of people impacted by COPD and related lung disorders.
To continue the work this amazing community is doing, I am excited to announce the The COPD Foundation Circle of Friends Challenge Match.
Thanks to the generosity of the COPD Foundation Board and special friends, every gift made by December 31st will be matched, dollar for dollar, up to $250,000. Each gift will directly benefit our research, advocacy and education mission. Please support the COPD Foundation with this fully tax-deductible year-end contribution!
We make the Impact and You make the difference!
About the COPD Foundation:
The COPD Foundation is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization created in 2004, with offices in Washington, D.C. and Miami, FL.
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is a preventable and treatable disease. The COPD Foundation was established to speed innovations which will make treatment more effective and affordable, to undertake initiatives that result in expanded services for COPD patients, and improve the lives of patients with COPD and related disorders (through scientific research, education & awareness) that will lead to prevention and a stop in the progression of COPD.