Lace-Up for Lungs:
Join Us and Go the Distance for COPD Awareness
Join the Foundation’s new Lace-Up for Lungs COPD Awareness campaign, which launched on World Lung Day, Sept. 25, 2021, and continues through the end of 2021
Lace-Up for Lungs highlights the need for better breathing & lung health, exercise & activity, and quality of life & caring for those impacted by COPD. Your participation can help others learn about COPD and the ongoing need for research, education, support, and ultimately a cure for COPD, bronchiectasis, and nontuberculous mycobacterial (NTM) lung disease.
Alone we are one voice, but together, we are the COPD community and champions on a mission to raise awareness. Read on to discover how you can join Lace-Up for Lungs!
How You Can Help Share Awareness About COPD
Join the #LaceUpforLungs Social Challenge!
Did you know that your Lace-Up for Lungs social posts can make a difference? You can lace up on behalf of someone affected by COPD and challenge others to do the same. Here’s how to participate:
1) Show us your orange spirit. Orange is the color of COPD Awareness. Wear your orange shoelaces, T-shirt, hat, dress up your dog’s collar - you choose; we encourage creativity!
2) Take a selfie or have your friend snap a video of you and tell us whom you lace-up for and whom you challenge, then post it to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or COPD360social.
3) This is where it gets really fun: You can tag your friends, family members, or coworkers, and challenge them to get creative for Lace-Up for Lungs in support of the COPD Foundation. Let’s see who wears it best. You can also invite them to donate to the COPD Foundation Lace-Up for Lungs if they don’t want to get on camera. Invite them to visit copdfoundation.org.
We’ll have some more fun challenges ahead as part of COPD Awareness Month!
4) Don't forget to tag the Foundation on social media as you post your pictures and videos. Include #LaceUpforLungs and @COPDFoundation in your post so we can track and highlight your creativity!
And, if you haven’t already, please join: COPD360social. You can share your photos, videos, and challenges on COPD360social.
We’ll be announcing events, education, and social challenges now through the end of 2021.
If you’ve been impacted by COPD or know someone who has, we want to hear about it. Tell us who you Lace-Up for! We’re asking our partners and supporters to help us share our campaign on social media, through their channels, and ours, and consider taking part in our Lace-Up for Lungs campaign.
Here are a few sample posts to show you how easy it is to show your support and challenge others to Lace-Up for Lungs!
Lace-Up for Lungs doesn’t have to be a solo event! Do you work with a team of respiratory therapists, nurses, pulmonologists, health care staffers?
We invite you to show us and tell us why you lace up! Download our ready-made sign and add your personal touch!
Are you ready to join the Lace-Up for Lungs social campaign? You can download and print our ready-made signs—all you have to do is fill in the blanks.
- Print your signs in landscape mode on your printer.
- Make your names/words large and dark on the paper (think, black markers work)
- Get close enough to the camera when you’re taping or taking a picture to show your sign. We want everyone to read it.
Donate Now to Lace-Up for Lungs
You Can Support the COPD Foundation’s efforts to improve the lives of those with COPD, bronchiectasis, and NTM by donating to the Lace-Up for Lungs campaign. Your contribution will help us go the distance for research, education, treatment options, and finding a cure.
As a token of our appreciation, contributions of $25 or more to Lace-Up for Lungs will receive a pair of the COPD Foundation’s special edition awareness shoelaces, and we’ll recognize you as part of our donor honor roll.
Discover More about COPD – Visit our COPD Awareness Page
Did you know that more than 320 million people worldwide are living with COPD? Imagine if you will the population for Germany, France, UK, Italy and Spain combined; that’s what 300+million looks like!
Visit our COPD Awareness Month page and discover educational resources about COPD and ways to share information with others.
You'll also find our media kit for Lace-Up for Lungs and COPD Awareness. Partners, team members, and community members are welcome to use the posts and images to promote Lace-Up for Lungs and COPD Awareness.
Visit COPD Awareness Month.