A Tool Kit to Help Us Spread the Word
November is COPD Awareness Month. This year, our theme is Lace-Up for Lungs: Let's Outpace COPD. Join us in sharing awareness about COPD and encouraging early diagnosis, better breathing, and lung health.
the hashtags #LaceUpforLungs, #earlydiagnosis, and #cure when using the content below.
Join the COPD conversation on Social Media!
Follow, Like, and Share the COPD Foundation Social Sites:
And, if you haven't already, please join: COPD360social. You can share your photos, videos, and challenges on COPD360social. We'll be announcing events, education, and social challenges now through the end of 2022.
Here are some sample posts for you to share:
- Join us and #LaceUpforLungs during #COPD Awareness Month! Amplify the voices of our community and raise awareness for people with COPD. #LaceUpforLungs #COPDAwarenessMonth
- It's COPD Awareness Month. Join the #COPDFoundation for Lace-Up for Lungs: Let's Outpace COPD to support healthy lungs and early diagnosis for #COPD #LaceUpforLungs
- Early diagnosis for #COPD can make a difference. If you have symptoms of COPD, visit our risk screener: https://www.copdfoundation.org/Screener.aspx and speak with your health care provider. #LaceUpforLungs
- Advocate for #COPD research and funding. Ask members of Congress to join the COPD Caucus and to work together to improve COPD policy in the U.S. Learn more: https://bit.ly/take-action-COPD #LaceUpforLungs #COPDAdvocacy
- Patient education is key to managing your COPD. Go to https://copdf.co/edmats for free resources. #LaceUpforLungs #COPDAwareness #COPDEducate
- What is #COPD? Learn more in this video from the National Institutes of Health @NIH_NHLBI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F49BsNiRxfg #LaceUpforLungs #COPDAwarenessMonth
- What do you know about the relationship between NTM lung disease and COPD? Learn more: https://bit.ly/L4LNTMBR #LaceUpforLungs #COPDAwarenessMonth
- Be a voice for those with #COPD. Breath is the lifeblood of everything we are, everything we do, and everything we can do. #LaceUpforLungs #COPDAdvocacy
- I want to make a difference! I joined the #COPD Patient-Powered Research Network to participate in patient-driven research and help to improve the lives of everyone affected by this disease. Learn more: https://copdf.co/copdpprn #LaceUpforLungs #COPDResearch
Facebook or LinkedIn
- November is COPD Awareness Month. Did you know that 384 million people worldwide live with COPD and that it's the 3rd leading cause of death globally? Join us and advocate for early diagnosis. #LaceUpforLungs #COPDAdvocacy
- Go the distance for #COPDAwareness. Lace-Up for Lungs: Let's Outpace COPD during COPD Awareness Month! Wear orange, lace up and move for our mission! Take a picture or video, challenge your friends, and share the COPD community voice. #LaceUpforLungs @COPDFoundation
- It's COPD Awareness Month. Join the #COPDFoundation and Lace-Up for Lungs: Let's Outpace COPD to support healthy lungs and early diagnosis for #COPD #LaceUpforLungs
- Amplify the voices of our community and raise awareness for people with COPD, bronchiectasis, and NTM lung disease. Learn more: https://bit.ly/L4Ladvocacy #LaceUpforLungs #COPDAwarenessMonth
- Are you looking for a community of people with #COPD? Join the @COPDFoundation online community of 55,000 people, including those with COPD, caregivers, and health care professionals. Share your experience, find welcoming friends, and connect with others in the COPD community. Register today! https://copdf.co/COPD360social. #LaceUpforLungs #COPDAwareness
- Advocate for #COPD research and funding. Ask members of Congress to join the COPD Caucus! The Caucus comprises reps and senators from both sides of the aisles, working together to improve COPD policy in the U.S. Learn more: https://bit.ly/L4Ladvocate
- Ask Congress to increase funding for lung health research and public health. Advocate for #COPD research. Learn more: https://bit.ly/L4Ladvocate #LaceUpforLungs #copdawareness #advocacy
- Join the Lace-Up for Lungs: Let's Outpace COPD challenge to support healthy lungs and early diagnosis for #COPD. Wear orange, lace up and move for our mission! Tell us whom you lace-up for and challenge your friends to lace-up, or they can donate to copdfoundation.org. #LaceUpforLungs @COPDFoundation
- Have you downloaded the updated COPD Pocket Consultant Guide app? This valuable tool, available for Android and iOS users, can help anyone living with COPD manage their condition, monitor exacerbations, and develop an action plan. Learn more here: https://copdf.co/pcg-patient-track #COPD #LaceUpforLungs #COPDAwareness
- Did you know that chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) can be caused by various factors, including early childhood diseases, genetics, smoking, and more? Learn more at copdfoundation.org. #LaceUpforLungs #COPDAdvocacy
- Share your own story! How is COPD affecting you? @copdfoundation
- There's never been a better time to volunteer for the COPD Foundation. Become a COPD Captain and advocate for the community, host outreach events, and share resources with those in need. Apply here to be a COPD Captain: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/COPDFCaptainApplication #COPD Awareness #LaceUpforLungs
Download and share these images on social media for COPD Awareness.