American Lung Association
Description: The American Lung Association (ALA) was founded over 110 years ago in response to the need to coordinate the fight against tuberculosis. Over the past century, ALA has grown to become one of the world’s leading lung health organizations, with an emphasis on prevention, advocacy, and research. The mission of ALA is to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease. ALA is primarily focused on the entire U.S. with a global reach via their digital platforms.
Dissemination Capabilities Categories: Blog, Live Events, Print Newspaper, Direct Patient Contact, Clinical Network, Website, Online Community
Dissemination Capabilities Description:
- ALA Foundation website - Online platform that offers numerous avenues of information dissemination, including sections for press releases, “Top Stories” and “In the News” Website also includes:
- Online health education courses
- Downloadable education material
- Online support communities
- Lung Helpline – a hotline that allows callers to “Ask an Expert” questions about their lung health.
- Better Breathers Clubs: network of in-person support groups hosted by local hospitals and community groups
- Electronic Newsletters
- Lung Force Expos – in person educational events for healthcare professionals and patients
- Website: www.lung.org
- Communications Contact: Stephanie Goldina