American Association for Respiratory Care
Description: The American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) is a not-for-profit professional association with more than 52,000 members worldwide. AARC membership primarily consists of respiratory therapists. Their mission is to advance the science, technology, ethics, and art of respiratory care through research and education for its members and to teach the general public about pulmonary health and disease prevention. The AARC has 50 chartered affiliates that involves members in local and state activities, as well as issues of national interest to respiratory therapists and the patients they serve.
Dissemination Capabilities Categories: Website, Social Media, E-Newsletter, Live Events, Digital Magazine, Clinical Network, Website, Podcasts, Online Community, Scientific Journal
Dissemination Capabilities Description:
- AARC website - Online platform that offers numerous avenues of information dissemination, including:
- Online educational courses
- Single topic toolkits
- Online community forum for members
- Companion patient and caregiver focused website offering patient education resources
- Respiratory Care Journal – The official monthly science journal of the AARC. It publishes articles pertaining to disorders affecting the cardiorespiratory system, including their pathogenesis, pathophysiology, manifestations, diagnostic assessment, monitoring, prevention, and management.
- AARC Times – Monthly news and feature magazine with articles of current interest within the respiratory care profession.
- Live Events, including:
- AARC Summer Forum – National 3-day conference focused primarily on respiratory care managers and educators
- AARC International Congress – Attended by more than 6,000 respiratory therapists and other health professionals from around the world. Includes scientific sessions, a large exhibit hall, product demonstrations, and other social events.
- State Society meetings – Each of the AARC’s 50 state affiliates hold annual local, statewide, and occasionally multi-state educational conferences to disseminate the latest developments in respiratory care.
- AARC Patient Advocacy Summit – Annual meeting of COPD stakeholders, including patients.