Head on over to our Nutrition Guide for Better Living http://copdf.co/guides, to learn more and fill in the blanks.
- With COPD, your body needs more _______ to do the work of breathing.
- _______ are the fuel that help your body work.
- Maintaining a ________ __________ is important for COPD and for managing conditions such as ________, ______problems, and _______ blood pressure.
- Limit ______ food and regular or ________ sodas. Even _______ sodas have been linked to obesity and diabetes.
- Eat less candy and fewer ________ and limit your alcohol intake to one glass of wine per day.
- Certain _____________ can cause an upset stomach or loss of appetite.
- To improve your appetite: ________, _______ _______ and enjoy your meal.
- To make foods easier to chew: Eat _______ foods such as mashed potatoes, ________, and well-cooked vegetables.
- To decrease shortness of breath and reduce tiredness: Use _______ _______ breathing and sit upright while eating.
- To reduce bloating: Do not eat when you are _______ of _________
- Many people with COPD take corticosteroid drugs which cause a loss of ________ in both men and women.
- ______________ is an important nutrient that helps muscles work.
- ______________ is a nutrient that helps build and repair tissues and bones.
What else in this nutrition guide did you find particularly helpful? Let’s chat!