Welcome to COPD360music - Harmonicas for Health!
American country music singer and songwriter Chris Janson is a big supporter of Harmonicas for Health and an avid harmonica player. See what Chris has to say about the program.
The COPD Foundation and PEP (Pulmonary Education Program) are proud to offer the first nationwide harmonica program created especially for individuals with COPD and other chronic lung diseases. This program was developed and launched due to the generous support of ACM Lifting Lives, the charitable arm of the Academy of Country Music.
If you are an individual with COPD or another chronic lung disease, the COPD Foundation COPD360music Harmonicas for Health program can help you:
- Learn how to have better control of your breathing
- Exercise the muscles that help pull air in and push air out of the lungs
- Strengthen abdominal muscles for a more effective cough
- Boost self-confidence, relieve stress
- Socialize with others and have fun
- Reported benefits include: decreased shortness of breath, increased sputum mobilization and increased quality of life.
You do not have to be an expert player or have any musical experience to benefit from playing the harmonica. You can take a harmonica anywhere. It’s lightweight and easy to carry. Making music with a harmonica can help you feel better overall, and it is a lot of fun! Click on the images below to view the photo gallery.