The COPD Foundation Embraces
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I)
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Value Statement
The COPD Foundation is committed to being a compassionate leader for equity and acceptance while striving to grow a community where all have access to resources, opportunities, and support in order to thrive.
Our DE&I Core Values
At the COPD Foundation, we adhere to the following core values as tenets of our diversity, equity, and inclusion program. We are:
- Inclusive - We respect and value cross-cultural diversity and are dedicated to inclusion and equitable treatment regardless of race, ethnicity, color, creed, age, gender identification, medical journey, or socio-economic status.
- Transparent - We endeavor to earn trust through authenticity and accountability.
- Courageous - We persevere to eliminate the "just like me bias" and echo of "sameness" while embracing the challenging work ahead.
- Compassionate - We strive to meet all people where they are without judgment.
- Empowering - We boldly champion our community to advocate for themselves.
Meet the COPD Foundation Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DE&I) Council
The DE&I Council embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion within the COPD Foundation and represents a wide variety of distinct lived experiences, giving a voice to patients, caregivers, team members, and health care professionals across the communities we serve. The Council members serve as DE&I advisors for Foundation and community programs and operations.
- Linda Walsh, BS, TTS
COPD Foundation Council Lead
- Antonio Anzueto, MD
Medical and Scientific Advisory Committee (MASAC) Member
- Goldia (Gigi) Brown, BA, MS
State Captain, GA, and COPD360CEnCo member
- Valerie (Val) Chang, JD
State Captain, HI, COPD360CEnCo and Foundation Board Member
- Janice (Jan) Cotton, BS, MA
State Captain, IL, and COPD360CEnCo member
- Crystal Irwin, MHS, RRT
State Captain, KS
- David (Dave) Reynolds, RRT, EMT
State Captain, NY, and COPD360CEnCo member