Individuals with COPD who participate in pulmonary rehabilitation are actively working to improve their lives through exercise and education in order to achieve effective health management. The COPD Foundation supports these efforts by providing educational materials, resources and support to pulmonary rehabilitation facilities, free of charge.
In addition to resources used in the course of Phase II Pulmonary Rehab, PEP offers the On Track health management program to pulmonary rehab graduates. On Track helps individuals with COPD maintain the gains they made in rehab so they may stay as healthy, active and independent as possible over the long term.
Participating pulmonary rehab centers will be asked to complete a brief quarterly survey providing feedback on their use of the program.
- High-quality, up-to-date, disease-specific patient education materials, free of charge
- On Track, post graduation call program with support, encouragement and information for individuals with COPD who have completed a PEP Pulmonary Rehab program.
- Professional development for PEP Pulmonary Rehab staff
- Peer support from Health Care Professionals for PEP Pulmonary Rehab staff
- Assistance with hosting a COPD Education Workshop in PEP Pulmonary Rehab communities (select locations)
We are proud to announce that we have reached our PEP enrollment goal of 250 pulmonary rehabilitation programs! Unfortunately, enrollment is now closed to programs in most states. However, consideration for enrollment remains open to qualified pulmonary rehabilitation centers in Washington, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Georgia, Kansas, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, and Vermont.
To enroll in PEP a Pulmonary Rehab Center must be a Medicare-qualified Phase II outpatient pulmonary rehabilitation program providing comprehensive COPD management education; and must be a hospital-based or Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Facility (CORF). The Pulmonary Rehab center must provide comprehensive education along AACVPR guidelines. AACVPR pulmonary rehabilitation certification is not required, but is strongly encouraged.
If you are interested in enrolling your Pulmonary Rehab program in PEP or being added to the waiting list, contact email@example.com. Participation in PEP, for a Pulmonary Rehabilitation Center as well as for individual patients, is free of charge.