While based in the United States, the COPD Foundation has a global perspective and an international presence. In response to feedback from international medical professionals and patients seeking quality educational materials, the COPD Foundation has translated key educational resources into nine languages in addition to English.
Translated educational materials are available for free download. Copyright rules and restrictions apply. plus
As owner of the instrument copyright, the COPD Foundation grants permission to reproduce, reprint and redistribute all printed and downloadable PDF educational materials owned solely by the COPD Foundation, for non-commercial, personal use subject to the following conditions below:
- You may not edit, modify, or make your own new products from any materials 2. You must maintain all trademarks and copyright information as it appears on the materials
- You must utilize, copy and reproduce the material in its entirety
- You may not add or delete any pages
- You acknowledge that the COPD Foundation owns the intellectual property in the materials
- You acknowledge that, as to any materials that are not owned solely by the COPD Foundation, which may be co-branded, branded by others, or otherwise identified, you will obtain written approval from such owner or co-owner prior to any reproduction, reprinting or redistribution.
- The COPD Foundation reserves the right to revoke the permissions set forth herein if you breach any of the terms listed above. For any Translated Educational Materials, Large Volume Orders, Collaborative Print Projects or commercial interest in reproduction and distribution, please contact Jane Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright Rules Exhibit A plus
WHAT CONSTITUTES PERSONAL USE AND COMMERICAL USE
Personal use constitutes any individual regardless of affiliation using COPD Foundation educational materials for their individual educational purposes. This includes health care professionals printing educational materials for teaching purposes with patients. These materials are low-resolution and not suitable for commercial purposes. These materials should contain the copyright watermark.
Commercial use constitutes any health care professional or business affiliate that intends to reproduce, reprint or redistribute COPD Foundation educational materials more than once. This includes reprinting for patient distribution within a health care setting, including those organizations that are not-for-profit. These materials meet the standards of the COPD Foundation for high quality reproduction intended for commercial use. These materials should not contain the copyright watermark and must be printed by an approved source.
Commercial use is further divided into commercial not-for-profit and commercial for-profit entities. For any commercial use, please select from the following options below.
To be determined based on the individual educational material of interest.
- Samples are available at no cost. Most educational materials are restricted to the quantity of one.
- Exceptions apply to promotional items, like the COPD Foundation Information Line cards and other materials that have been paid for through an educational grant.
COLLABORATIVE PRINT PROJECTS:
Collaborative Print Projects are defined as when COPD Foundation educational materials are distributed in large quantities through an external institution and in which these educational materials contain a logo or acknowledgement of that institution somewhere within the educational material. These materials are subject to the following conditions:
- All copyright rules apply.
- The COPD Foundation designer will be the only authorized agent to modify COPD Foundation educational materials.
- All educational materials will prominently display the following statement on the back cover or appropriate location: The XXX (where XXX is the name of the educational material) was created by the COPD Foundation.
- A distribution acknowledgement will be displayed on the same panel as item #3: The COPD Foundation’s XXX is printed and distributed through the generosity of the YYY (Where YYY is the name of the collaborating institution). A logo and/or institution address is permitted. Phone numbers, email addresses and website information is not permitted.