COPD10usa Conference in Chicago Highlights Latest Clinical, Scientific and Care Delivery
June 29, 2017 |
WASHINGTON, D.C./CHICAGO – June 29, 2017 – The COPD Foundation will host COPD10usa, July 28-29 2017, at Hyatt Regency O’Hare, Chicago. The event will focus on chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), the nation's third leading cause of death, providing clinical and scientific knowledge for physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists and anyone involved with the management of individuals with COPD.
"COPD10usa is a unique opportunity to interact face-to-face with thought-leaders in the field and to share practical information for care management, as well as the latest in clinical research,” says Craig Kephart, Chief Executive Officer of the COPD Foundation.
The conference will highlight cutting-edge issues that affect patient care from research, clinical, and care delivery perspectives:
- The Research Track will include sessions on novel therapies in development, and the session: “Major Clinical Trials Update.” (Friday, 7/28 9:30 a.m.)
- The Clinical Track will feature sessions on defining COPD early, medication adherence, and COPD co-morbidities, as well as the session: “Pro/Con Debate: Asthma, COPD, ACOS-Does it Matter? Or is it all about Symptom Control?” (Friday, 7/28 1:30 p.m.)
- The Care Delivery Track is designed to improve patient outcomes by addressing how healthcare should be delivered in the current environment, including the session: “Hospitalizations and Rehospitalizations.” (Friday, 7/28 9:30 a.m.)
Over 50 poster presentations from COPD researchers and experts from the U.S. and abroad will be presented including:
- Implementation and clinical outcomes of a community-based pulmonary rehabilitation program in rural Appalachia
- Patterns of change in daily step count among COPD patients enrolled in a web-based physical activity intervention
Patients may attend an educational workshop with speakers Dr. Byron Thomashow (Columbia University Medical Center), Dr. Barbara Yawn (Olmsted Medical Center), Dr. Robert Wise (Johns Hopkins Medicine), and more.
The COPDusa conferences are modeled after the successful COPD conference series held in the United Kingdom for the past 20 years. Register here for COPD10usa, or here for the Community Education Patient Workshop at COPD10usa.