There are lots of ways to be an effective and successful COPD advocate. Some examples of advocacy activities are:
- You can raise awareness by posting about COPD on your Facebook.
- Write about COPD on your Facebook.
- Visit your representative in their district office.
- Write to the editor of your local paper about COPD.
- Start a patient organization group in your area.
- Become a State Advocacy Captain.
The easiest way to advocate for COPD is to visit the COPD Action Center. The COPD Action Center is the cornerstone of our advocacy strategy, providing advocates with information on current legislative campaigns and offers simple ways to make your voice heard in Congress. All on one website you can:
- Send pre-written advocacy letters to your representatives
- Look up contact information for your local, state, and national representatives
- Sign up to Receive Action Alerts so you know when Congress is dealing with COPD legislation
- Email your friends about the Action Center
- Find local newspapers to write to about COPD
- Learn more about COPD legislation
- Learn how to effectively communicate with members with tips on scheduling meetings, writing letters, or making phone calls